April 7, 2011

Something old, something new....

Chris and I were engaged on May 21st, 2007.
We married 4 months later on September 21st, 2007.


I was surprisingly calm that day. It was a Friday and the weather was perfect. Actually, it was the last warm day of the year. Thank you indian summer! 
WEDDING REGRET: I spent most of my time prior to this day making sure everything was ready for the reception that night.  Honestly, I should have spent more time on primping myself. Somehow, my appearance on the big day was an after thought. Upon one had sat overgrown acrylic nails from our engagement photos (months before) and the other hand only remnants where I had pulled them off... I should have just gotten them filled. I did my own hair last minute.. big mistake and somewhere on that to-do-list I should have written buy a veil, spray tan, and drop 5 lbs. When all you have left are pictures, and you are the one in them, be sure you take the time. 
ps did anyone notice Chris is wearing white socks?... Love him!


 Everything that day went smoothly, thanks to all the hard work of family and friends. Thank you!  Chris and I had a wonderful time at the reception, side by side surrounded by our family and friends. The food was delicious, especially the cake which leads me to my most memorable moment.




MOST MEMORABLE MOMENT:Something that people may not know is that those are not my real teeth in the photos. I was in an accident a year before, and while in the process of oral surgeries, I had a flipper with fake teeth on it. Chris was amazingly supportive through this time and I showed my gratitude by accidently biting his finger (hard) while he was feeding me our wedding cake! That fondant is tricky and wanted to be extra sure nothing embarrassing happened... well it did. And, my cute new husband and little teeth marks in his finger to prove it... seriously. Oh well, he is stuck with me now!



This is actually the only time I have seen Chris with a clean shaven face since I met him. So handsome.


The flowers were beautiful... Thanks Courtney!! I have to say that was my favorite feature of the reception. 


What an amazing day. Who knew the road that lie ahead of us? It has been a difficult road, but I wouldn't change a thing. Since that day 3 1/2 years ago we have both changed so much and grown together, even though at times I never thought we could. I love Chris more now than the day we got married and I know I will look back at this post, years from now, and think, just as I have thought today. Girl, you didn't know anything. 


No comments: